Facebook PORTAL?

It would be nice to have an interface to the Facebook pages here. Then one would only have to come here for everything. Perhaps a link to the Kickstarter stuff as well.
This obviously would require some development from the Forum Developers but I could imagine that others who use this flavor of Forum software would find it useful as well. It may be that it could be generalized to support links to anywhere on the net. Now by links I’m not talking about a simple URL type link but a way to have everything that goes across the Facebook page to be echoed here in a special topic.

A Facebook PORTAL?
A Kickstarter PORTAL?
A Thingverse PORTAL?

As I look into this “Discourse” forum software, they do have plug-ins and some support for doing this PORTAL kind of thing.

It’s called a “Facebook OneBox plugin” but I don’t think that is exactly what I’m thinking about.

2 Likes

Thanks for your advice! Added to the backlog. I will implement it in near future. Stay tuned.

1 Like

Hi @Tone, I have added basic link into forum header and footer.
It’s great to have you provide useful advice.
Have fun~ cheers. Let me know if you like it.

So let’s see how it works. Here’s a Facebook link:

Is that how it’s used? Or does it need a different syntax? Looks likes it is just a “OneBox” type link.
How do you distinquish between the two? Here’s inline: https://www.facebook.com/groups/snapmaker/photos/

Or is it only applicable to the header and footer? I’m missing how a “basic link” works I guess.

I thought that you want links to useful resources “Facebook group(header), FAQ(footer) etc.”. It seems that I did not get what you mean, LOL. embarassed.

‘’’
Now by links I’m not talking about a simple URL type link but a way to have everything that goes across the Facebook page to be echoed here in a special topic.
‘’’

Now I get what you are saying.

By “PORTAL” I was meaning that it was like an embedded window to those places. So you don’t actually have to open up a new browser tab or window to it. Don’t know if there is any great utility to doing that or not. I went to this description of “Basic Link” and I’m not fully understanding how it works.

Ah… My bad… Ignore me. Let me do some research and then get back to you.

The basic links plugin may very well be useful, can you give an example?

I mean these static links. Not what you want at all. I did not read your post carefully before. All I notice is POTRAL, which I thought is a gateway -> a link…

Oh, I seem them now. The header only shows up when you are at a top level or something like that.
When you’ve scrolled all the way to the top. YES, very useful.