3D Print Module 1st Use (Luban Error)

Hello, I am at wit’s end with the 3D Printer Module & Luban.

• All software/firmware is current version.
  • I am using my 64-bit OS, x64-based processor, MSI GP75 Leopard Laptop running Windows 11, 16GB RAM
  • I have had my Snapmaker 2.0 A350 for three years and a month and have used the Laser module and CNC module multiple times with no issues. I finally decided to try the 3D Print module last week. I hooked everything up and updated all the software/firmware.
  • When I open Luban (Version 4.11.0), I can click on Laser or CNC and the workspace and controls all open as normal, but when I click on 3D Printing, It starts to open the workspace, but only allows the following items to be clicked on: File Edit Window Settings & Help, the The Home and Workspace Icons are clickable and allow you to go to the those pages, but you can’t import .stl files. Attached is .jpg’s of what happens. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

TY, Ron B.

Hi Ron, I noticed in the top right hand corner of the second photo you have a Snapmaker Original selected. That needs changing to the Snapmaker you have. I think it is an A350T? Give that a go and report back. Cheers - Stu

Yes, that is because I deleted and downloaded Luban again and that’s the original setup. I changed it to 2.0 A350 and still get the same outcome. Thank you for the advice, though. I am awaiting a response from Snapmaker Support again after updating them.

Ron

Hi Ron, that’s all good. So, just to recap, when you first start Luban and you get the 4 options. 3D, Laser, CNC and Workspace. Going into Workspace you can connect to your printer and see the modules, heated bad and extruder with green dots denoting them as active? - Stu

It’s worth remembering that the status of the machine is immaterial when considering problems like this in Luban. It could be switched off or back in its box and the software should run fine.

Does File - Import Object work ?
Does Ctrl+i work ?

Hi bStu, yes, I can get into the workspace, control the temps and have the three green lights. I just can’t load any files, ie. open a file, load the vase from the case library or do anything with New Project. If I click on recent projects with the laser module, they open just fine.
I do have the single-extruder, does that matter?
The snapmaker support team had me check the file properties to ensure nothing was in read only and they aren’t.

Thanks,

Ron

Hi Boxkite,no none of that works.

Thanks,

Ron

I noticed you said you had reinstalled Luban.
I have just had the age-old problem of "Something went wrong. Please reload the app”.
Even though I had reinstalled Luban, and even tried the previous version, I still had the problem. That was until I searched the forum and found this:

It seems to have worked for me by deleting the suggested folder, but I can’t be sure I didn’t delete any of my personal set-ups or tool profiles, etc.

I noticed this option on the menu… run app in default browser… if you do that do you have the same problems? This won’t be a perfect fix, but could point to the problem…

browser

Another observation is this…

luban_fault

Choosing 3D Printing from the Home menu I noticed that the “open folder” icon is greyed out until the 3DP software module fully loads. Note: “File Edit Window Settings Help” remain available at this time. This suggests that the 3DP module is not loading correctly or at least not finishing loading. This could be a file/folder permission problem with your OS as the module is loading, or simply a corrupt software module in Luban. Is your workstation user type an Administrator equivalent? Try running the software as an Administrator. Otherwise I would be tempted to check file permssions and (again) uninstall Luban, scan and repair my registry then download and re-install a fresh copy. All shots in the dark I’m afraid…

Yes, the support team told me to try all what you said to no avail. I just got my 10 watt laser module today in the mail, I’m about to throw the damn 3d module away… LOL

Yahoo Mail: Search, Organize, Conquer

I have tried all you have suggested, I am the only user and the administrator on my laptop. I have run the software as an admin and through windows instead of the software. I get the same results every time.

Ron

Yes, the support team told me to try all what you said to no avail. I just got my 10 watt laser module today in the mail, I’m about to throw the damn 3d module away… LOL

I can control the module from the controller (change nozzle and bed temps, etc…) I am just not able to load objects/projects or start new ones.

I have tried all you have suggested, I am the only user and the administrator on my laptop. I have run the software as an admin and through windows instead of the software. I get the same results every time.

Ron

Have you already setup the machine in the settings? Maybe the app needs first your config

Btw
Luban 4.11 was buggy as far i have read. Use one older

I just tried earlier versions and finally got version 4.2.3 to recognize the 3D Print module.
WTH can the difference be?

the Benchy Object gets about 3/4 loaded and Luban freezes up… it’s never-ending… LOL

Holy crap, I figured out my problem!!! When I noticed the Luban thought I had the Snapmaker Original, I went into Settings and selected the correct 2.0 A350T and it wouldn’t work. This time (with version 4.11.0 reloaded), I double-clicked on the machine up in the corner and changed it there. Now it let me load the object! Woot woot!!!

Ron, I feel you frustration! LOL I have had a few random problems, but in my case mostly all part of my learning curve. This, your’s is somewhat different. I’m sure there is a solution and I’ll keep tinkering here to see if I can “break” my software to the same fault as your’s. Meantime, enjoy that new laser.

Thanks, I replied on someone else’s comment that I figured it out.

“Holy crap, I figured out my problem!!! When I noticed the Luban thought I had the Snapmaker Original, I went into Settings and selected the correct 2.0 A350T and it wouldn’t work. This time (with version 4.11.0 reloaded), I double-clicked on the machine up in the corner and changed it there. Now it let me load the object! Woot woot!!!”

But… i have another problem, when i do the calibrate need, the z axis stays way at the top when doing the pattern and when it’s done and wants you to bring the print head to .1mm, I have to push the down arrow 1,000 times because you can do a max of .5mm at a time… is there a way to set the z axis near the bed from the start?

Ron