Z Axis Not Working

I’ll start a print and it will just stop responding in the middle of it. Tends to happen on larger prints. After cancelling print, jog commands are non-responsive. I’m looking at the bullshit warranty where I end up coming out of pocket for their poor engineering and wondering if I need to start spreading the word that these things are pieces of junk.

I had a similar problem. The z axis didn’t lift accordingly and the nozzle pushed the object away from the platform.

It seams that the z axis a little bit more problematic.

Got a tip on the kickstarter page to switch the z axis from port 5 to 4. I’m up and printing again, but it is a little worrisome to have it fail so early. Something about it happening due to static charge shorting out ports.

1 Like

I have been using my Snapmaker quite a bit the last couple months. Today I show up and my latest print failed ~2 layers into it. The z axis would only go down… not up. After power cycling, same thing. I tried the other port because I had read before that it was a z axis port, also. It is back to working, but I have yet another reason to get a better controller working with these linear rails.

Snapmaker needs to hurry up and open source the pinouts of the modules, asap.

OK, now my Z axis stopped working. I have moved ports as suggested. Tried the other connectors in the port where the Z axis was and it works fine. I haven’t ran this machine in about two years but it worked fine for a day, then nothing. So, What’s up?

Well, I moved it to another port, shut it down, restarted and now it works. The calibration changed though. Spot one used to be ‘back left corner of the plate’ now it ‘front right corner’. I don’t care as long as it works, but…