Cnc carving with outline

Hi I am trying to use the cnc and can’t figure it out. I want to make a sign on a board that is inlayed. I am using the vbit. I want to make it so that the letters are wider or narrower depending on how deep the bit goes. I imported a svg file and I think I need to use the outline function but it want let me generate a g-code. I just used the on the path setting but then it just did the perimeter and didn’t take out the center where the letters are wider. what am I doing wrong?

Hi, which software did you use to design the model or svg file? Could you please send me the file so that I can try on my side?

I used a jpeg image and converted it to svg with a free online program. Here is the file.God-is-Good%20Sign
Thanks

Hi, sorry for my late reply. I tried to generate the G-code file using the image above. I made it successfully when using On the path mode, while I was unable to make it with the Outline mode neither. It might be caused by a bug of the Snapmakerjs CNC Outline function. I can see that there are a few parts that the distance between the lines are too close to carving successfully in outline mode. If you cannot modify the lines in this image, you could use On the patch mode if you don’t need it carving exactly the same size as the design file. Otherwise, you might need to wait for several weeks till the bug is fixed.

Hope you enjoy a wonderful Christmas and have fun making in the New Year!

I’ve noticed same issue. So far I was unable to use Outline with any of my attempts with different types of drawing. Using On the Path just cuts hole following the Image path and it doesn’t work for any SVG with 3D feeling(with depth)

I have same issue. Most of my vector svg can’t build preview (default settings, outline mode).
Tried different sizes (10-25mm)%D0%AD%D0%BC%D0%B1%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BC%D0%B0%20%D0%9D%D0%B8%D0%BB%D1%8C%D1%84%D0%B3%D0%B0%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B4%D0%B0-3

Hi, I am new to snapmaker and i have the same problem as Brandonweaver. I am trying engrave some name badges but if i use fill for carve path, it take too long, and if i use on the path then its only engrave the perimeter. I was wondering if the outline carve path have been fix. I am using snapmakerjs 2.5.5.

thank you

The outline will only engrave along the shape of path, like on the path does. and not yet we haven’t have it fixed.